If you are looking to buy garage doors for a new construction or to replace old or already existing ones, it is important to know that you have several options to choose from for the material of the doors. The different material choices will change the look and function of your garage doors. Five garage doors that many homeowners enjoy are:
- Wood – Wood is a popular material choice for garage doors. Different woods can be used like, redwood, fir, or cedar. Wood garage doors offer a beautiful and warm aesthetic.
- Steel – Steel garage doors are made of two layers of galvanized steel. You can have your door insulated or not. Steel doors can be painted to match your home.
- Composite – Typical composite garage doors are made of a wood frame and fiberboard. Some composite garage doors have higher density fiberboard with realistic wood details.
- Vinyl – These doors are usually built with a steel frame and are difficult to dent or damage. They are limited on color options but require very little maintenance.
- Fiberglass – These garage doors are usually built with a steel frame with two layers of fiberglass and a polyurethane insulation. They are difficult to crack or dent.
If you need new garage doors, then give us a call at Doors by Nalley of Lake Norman, Inc. We offer many different door options and are happy to help you decide which is best for you and your home.