Garage door repairs are one of the many joys of being a homeowner. These common garage door issues are easily taken care of with a call to us at Doors by Nalley of Lake Norman, Inc. So, the next time you have any one of these problems with your garage door, contact us.
1. Broken or cracked weather sealant—The weather sealant along the base of your garage door reduces street noise, seals air leaks, and keeps water out. If you notice any breaks or cracks in the sealant, you’ll need to remove the old one and have us replace it with a new one.
2. Loud, grinding noises—Shabby parts, squeaky sections, and loose hardware can lead to disconcerting noises when your garage door opens or shuts. In most cases, these scary noises aren’t as frightening as they sound and usually mean your garage door needs a tune-up and some lubrication.
3. Unreliable garage door remote—You click your garage door remote what feels like a hundred times until you’re practically pounding it against your hand to get your garage door to open, but still, nothing happens. After making sure the problem isn’t simply a dead battery, have us come and look at your system.
4. Garage door opens and then closes— If your garage door opens up a little bit but then goes back down right away, there could be something wrong with your springs. Don’t try and open up your garage door again until we can take a look at it – trying to force your door to open could put your safety at risk.
5. Door closes and then immediately opens— If your garage door closes (all the way or even just partially) but goes back up immediately, there could be an issue with your photo eye or the door’s alignment. Make sure there’s not anything blocking your garage door before contacting us.