Garages are a great way to add equity to your home. They represent a safe place for vehicles and extra storage, plus a place to work outside while staying covered. As beneficial as garages are to a home, garage door repair will be a factor in every garage owner’s future. Even though this can be frustrating, just like other home repairs, it doesn’t need to be.
Garage door repair is just another way of keeping your family and belongings safe. There are some things you will need to watch for to see if your garage needs some TLC. Signs such as:
- The garage door does not react to the remote, even if you change the batteries in the remote. This means that the motor is not working or a sensor is possibly broken.
- The door is scraping along the sides, bottom, or top of the garage. Worn out cables can cause this. Sometimes they can be repaired with garage door repair; other times a new garage door might need to be installed.
- The garage squeaks or screeches when opened/closed. You don’t have to cringe with the noise; garage door lubrication is one of the most common garage door repair services offered.
- A slow moving garage door. Most likely the problem here is with the garage door’s springs. A professional garage repair contractor can easily find and replace the ones causing problems.
- The garage door is not closing correctly. If your garage door closes but is not level with the ground, you will most likely need to replace the door. If the garage door will not stay closed, but goes down just to go right back up, you may have an unseen obstruction.
Doors by Nalley, located in Denver, North Carolina, is here to help you with all of your garage door repair needs. Our highly trained professionals are available 24-7 and are dedicated to making sure that you are satisfied with their work and service.