If you’re like most people, you realize that one of the best ways to prevent the need for emergency garage door repair is to simply take good care of your door. However, another way you can keep your garage door system in good shape is by making sure that you and your kids stay safe while using it at all times. To prevent the need for garage door repair and to maintain your safety, we encourage you to keep the following tips in mind:
- Remind your children that your garage door and the opener aren’t toys. If misused, your children could become seriously hurt.
- Never allow your children to stand, run around, or play near your garage door when it’s opening or closing.
- Make sure the push bottom of your garage door opening system inside of your garage is at least five feet above the ground.
- Never attempt to get into your garage door or walk underneath it while it is in motion.
- When your garage door is in motion, always keep an eye on it until it is all the way open or all the way shut.
- Refrain from trying to fix your garage door’s springs or cables by yourself. Both of these parts are under extreme tension and require the expertise of a garage door professional to fix.
If you want to know more about how you can prevent the need for emergency garage door repair and how we can help, give us a call at Doors by Nalley. As your garage door company, we always look forward to hearing from you.