There will most likely come a time when you will need to replace your home’s garage door. Whether you have bought a new home, or have owned your current home for many years, it is important to know the signs. Here are five signs that you need garage door replacement.
1. Your garage door is falling apart. If parts of your garage door are chipped, broken, or splintering, especially on the edges, it is time for garage door replacement. Garage doors that are deteriorating and falling apart can put your family and property in a dangerous position.
2. Your garage door shakes or is unstable. When your garage door is going up or down and it seems to shake, this shows that the door is off balance and no longer working properly. Sometimes the only way to fix this problem is with garage door replacement.
3. Problems with cords or wires. If wires or cords are loose, or even broken, the garage door should not be used at all. A garage cannot operate safely if the wires are not functioning correctly. Bad wires might mean lack of support for the garage door or an electrical problem, which both pose dangerous risks.
4. Pausing, or hesitating. When a garage door opener is pushed, the garage door is expected to go up or down. If you know that the batteries are working, but the garage door is hesitating before moving, it is time for garage door replacement. It is important for garage doors to be reliable, so that cars and people are not injured.
5. A crooked garage door. If your garage door comes down to rest on the ground, but it sits unevenly, there is a problem. When this happens, a garage door is not operating to its full and proper capability. Some of the problems that can occur from this are: Animals getting inside your garage and one side of the garage wearing out faster than the other.
If you have any of the above problems, or would just like a garage door replacement, Doors by Nalley is here to help. We are available 24-7 and are ready to help you with your garage door needs. We are located in Denver, North Carolina and service all areas within a 75-mile radius.