- Squeaking: The first common issue with residential garage doors is squeaking when closing and opening. Hinges, rollers and springs can be noisy, but this doesn’t necessarily mean there’s something wrong. Use a lubricant recommended specifically for garage doors, but if the noise persists, call a professional technician.
- Frayed Cable: Call a professional right away. Don’t attempt to adjust, repair or remove a cable or spring. Serious injury or death may result.
- Door Makes Loud Noises and Opens in Jerky Motion: This could be due to lack of maintenance of the door or the opener. A service is most likely required.
- Garage Door Doesn’t Open with Remote: Maybe the batteries need replacing, or perhaps the safety photo eyes on the opener are out of line, or a spring may be broken.
- Door Doesn’t Close All the Way: The photo eye sensors on the opener may be out of line, or an object may be blocking their path.
- There’s Black Residue on the Outside of the Door: Usually, these marks are caused by oil on the springs. To remove them, residential garage doors should be washed annually.
- There are Rust Spots on the Bottom of the Door: The cause could be chemical splatters from driveway cleaner. Wash the garage door with soap and water.
Homeowners in the Denver area of North Carolina are invited to contact us, the garage door professionals at Doors By Nalley. Our services include repairs, parts, replacement and installation of residential garage doors. Plus, you can sign up for a preventative maintenance program to make sure your door serves you well for many years to come.