When you think about home improvement, your garage door is most likely the last thing you think about replacing. When you think about replacing your garage door, it’s typically because something seems off about it or not right. At Doors by Nalley of Lake Norman, Inc., we are prepared to help you navigate through the garage door replacement process.
The following are five signs you are in need of a garage door replacement:
- Your Garage Door is Slow – This is one of the most common signs that you are in need of a new garage door. If your garage door opens and closes slower than it used to, this is a sign of your garage door’s motor slowing dying, and in most cases, it’s more cost-effective to replace the door and the motor all at once.
- Sagging / Aged – If you have a wooden garage door, there is a high chance it may sag over time if it is not properly maintained. This sagging is caused by decomposition, deterioration, and rotting. If you do not have a wooden garage door and your garage door is sagging, there are likely more serious underlying issues with your garage door.
- Dents / Warped – If your garage door has any dents or warps, you might consider having a garage door replacement for cosmetic reasons. However, dents and warps could cause structural issues, too, so for this reason, we recommend getting your garage door replaced.
- Repeated Breakdowns – If your garage door is constantly giving your trouble, it may be time for you to invest in a garage door replacement. In cases like this, it may be more cost-effective to buy a new garage door instead of constantly paying to have it repaired time after time.
- Noise – Is your garage door unusually noisy? This can be caused by motor issues or certain garage parts that need replacing. In most cases, this is a sign that a garage door replacement is needed. A properly working garage door should have minimal noise.
If you were on the fence about a garage door replacement, we hope these five signs have helped you make your decision. If you are still unsure if a garage door replacement is right for you, please feel free to call us for more information.